Sous Chef--Boise Bible College (Boise, ID)
Main purpose of job:
• The Primary Assistant Chef to the Executive Chef
• Assist in the planning, production, and execution of daily menus.
• Assist the Executive Chef in daily operations of the kitchen.
• Prepares or assists in meal production.
• Ensures deadlines are met in a timely manner.
• Assures cleanliness by implementing and adhering to proper sanitation codes.
• Assists in new menu ideas and implements accordingly.
• Orders supplies when necessary.
• Helps in training kitchen employees in production, cleanliness, and developing culinary skills.
• Helps Executive Chef in evaluating personnel.
• Manage kitchen in Executive Chef’s absence.
Main difficulties faced in the job
• Finding food options that satisfy customers whilst staying in budget.
• Recruiting and retaining kitchen staff.
Competencies required for the job
• Certificate or degree in Culinary Arts from reputable source; or 10 years minimum of kitchen experience; or 3 years minimum in Sous Chef capacity.
• Strong culinary knowledge of basic preparation in sauces, soups, meat preparation, Garde manager, and proper sanitation procedures according to specific codes
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Strong planning skills.
• Time management skills.
• Team player.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Analytical skills.
To apply, contact HR@boisebible.edu